This is a great way to use up the glut of tomatoes that are inevitable at the end of the growing season. I believe that if you cover them in oil in an air tight container they will keep for several weeks but to be honest mine have never lasted long enough to test this!
Recipe: Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Preheat a low oven about gas mark 2, 150 C or 300 F.
- Slice the tomatoes in half if they are cherries or quarters if they are larger.
- Place the tomatoes, cut side up, in a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and scatter garlic cloves halved.
- Put the tin in the oven for about an hour until the tomatoes have decreases in size and lost the majority of their water.
- When you are ready to eat them, season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Serve with fresh Italian bread such as focaccia.
I haven’t put any quantities in as it really depends on the amount of tomatoes that you have and the size of your tin.
You can add herbs to this such as thyme or oregano.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Culinary tradition: Italian